- Individuals continuing their journey in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- ITSM practitioners managing the operation of IT-enabled & digital products and services, and those responsible for the end-to-end delivery
- Existing ITIL® qualification holders wishing to develop their knowledge
The purpose of the ITIL® 4 – Drive Stakeholder Value Qualification is:
To provide the candidate with an understanding of all types of engagement and interactions between a service provider and their customers, users, suppliers and partners, including key customer experience (CX), user experience (UX) and journey mapping concepts
The purpose of the ITIL® 4 – Drive Stakeholder Value Examination is:
To assess whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient understanding and application of ITIL® 4 to all types of engagement and interaction between a service provider and their customers, users, suppliers and partners. The ITIL® 4 – Drive Stakeholder Value qualification is one of the pre-requisites for the designation of ITIL® 4 Managing Professional which assesses the candidates practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful, modern, IT-enabled services, teams and workflows
- Understand how customer journeys are designed
- Know how to target markets and stakeholders
- Know how to foster stakeholder relationships
- Know how to shape demand and define service offerings
- Know how to align expectations and agree details of services
- Know how to on-board and off-board customers and users
- Know how to act together to ensure continual value co-creation (service consumption / provisioning)
- Know how to realise and validate service value
Duration of course is over a period of 3 days and on the last day being the 3rd day candidates will write the exam.
ITIL® 4 – Drive Stakeholder Value Examination Design:
Duration of the exam is 90 Minutes.
Prerequisites: The candidate must have passed the ITIL® 4 Foundation examination. In addition, the candidate must have attended an accredited training course for this module (the recommended duration for this training is 18 hours including the examination)
Exam consists of 40 Objective test questions (OTQ’s) which will require the candidate to achieve a mark of 28 out of 40 which is 70% in order to pass the course and obtain the Certificate.
Please note: From 1 November 2019, all AXELOS courses certified by PeopleCert need to be purchased with the exam. For any queries about this, please contact our Sales Team on email@example.com.